Events & Adventures San Francisco Enjoys a Night of Baseball
Events & Adventures enjoyed the crisp spring air as we watched the San Francisco Giants take on the Oakland Athletics in a battle of the bay during a preseason game. We all came together that night to celebrate baseball being back in the Bay Area. Regardless of whether we bled orange or green, we came together for our mutual love of baseball and great company.
AT&T Park was packed that night with fans young and old to come see their teams they have been waiting for since October. Events & Adventures bundled, grabbed some beer and garlic fries, and gathered in the bleachers to cheer on our teams! As soon as pitcher Jeff Samardzija threw out the first pitch, all eyes were on the diamond. We all teased fans of the opposing teams, but at the end of the day we all had a great time, and no matter what team we were rooting for we were all there to enjoy some hardball and make new friends.
After the event, Events & Adventures members jokingly contemplated about what made a “real” baseball fan, and here are a few of the things we came up with:
- Celebrates wins and gets depressed about losses
- Knows every player on the team
- Comes to at least 20 games a year and watches the rest on TV unless there’s an emergency
- Doesn’t go overboard with the team merchandise and instead shows their dedication through spirit
- Refrains from using a cellphone and engaging in non-baseball-related conversations during games
- Cheers for ONE team and only that team
- Comes to the game no matter the weather conditions
And mostly importantly, a real fan is a person who cheers on their team in the way that’s appropriate and respectful. On this late night in March our Giants fans went home with the win. But don’t worry A’s fans, we still have a long baseball season ahead of us and there are sure to be many games on the calendar ahead.